Home » GTG » 10 Amazing Tips On How To Not Be A Dry Texter - Make Her Fall For You
by Sam Whittaker | February 25, 2023
Sam is dating coach, life coach, and style expert. His expertise has been featured on Lifehack.org, Apartment Therapy, Wisebread, Best Life Online, and Up Journey. He lives with his Australian Shepard, Max, in beaut ...
Read Full Bio
More about Mantelligence's Editorial Policy
New? Start here.
via: Unsplash / Brooke Cagle
If texting is your communication of choice, you need to knowhow to not be a dry texter.
As a dating coach, I have my own share of texting mishaps back then. I'll make sure that you avoid committing the same mistakes. Some of my works have been published onOutwit TradeandTheHobbyKraze; rest assured, you're in good hands. We'll talk abouthow to not be a dry texter with your crush,especially if you need to become more adept athow to talk to a girl over text.
Dry Texter Meaning
NOT Dry Texter
Dry Texter Signs
More Texting Guides
What Does it Mean to be a Dry Texter?
via: Unsplash / Jamie Street
A dry texter is someone who cannot keep a conversation through text messaging. They respond with short replies that don't move the conversation forward, such as; OK, LOL, or K.
The reason for sending a dry text varies from person to person. It could be they just do not know how to not be a dry texter with friends, or they're not interested at all. Dry texting is a buzzkill, especially if trying to get to know someone. If you are a bad texter, they might mistake you for a boring person. But no worries, that can be fixed. We'll tell you how to not be a dry texter and improve your texting style.
How Do You Not Be a Dry Texter?
via: Pexels / Karolina Grabowska
So you might think that texting is not that important. It's not like you're ignoring someone's call or calling a rain check on a meet-up. Well, you're mistaken. You don't need a relationship expert to tell you the importance of being a fun texter.
Since texting is one of the most widely used forms of communication, it's as important as any phone call or meet-up. If you are dating a girl, your relationship can be affected by how you text her. Your way of texting can also indicate your emotional attachment to a person.
So just imagine, if your replies are 'cool,' 'ok,' and' lol,' she might think that you're not that into her. To avoid that conflict, we'll tell you how not to be a dry texter.
1. Start the conversation.
via: Pexels / Eren Li
Don't be afraid to initiate the first text. I understand the hesitation to send a text first because you don't know if the other person will reply. But what if she feels the same? It'll be good to start the conversation and introduce a topic that makes you seem fun and interesting.
2. Don't take too long to reply.
via: Pexels / Torsten Dettlaff
How would you feel if someone didn't reply for more than 12 hours? If you can't reply at the moment, let the other person know that you're busy and will respond later. That's just common courtesy.
3. Avoid cold replies by responding with one word.
via: Unsplash / Priscilla Du Preez
Sending one-word replies may make the other person think they're boring. Or that you're not interested in talking to them. The other person is invested in talking to you; sending them a one-word reply will seem rude.
4. Make use of emojis, memes, and GIFs.
via: Unsplash / Emojisprout emojisprout.com
Emojis, memes, and GIFs make texting more fun and funnier. Incorporate these great inventions into your text to liven up the conversation. Memes are funny and could be a good conversation starter. That said, your messages should have actual text in them sometimes. If you respond in just emojis, what sort of conversation are you actually having?
5. Craft your messages to be specific and clear.
via: Pexels / Ketut Subiyanto
People don't like an unclear and vague message. You don't want the other person to have to think too hard about what you mean, or if the text is for them or not. Keep them clear, so there's no confusion and misunderstanding.
6. Don't be afraid to be humorous.
via: Pexels / Andrea Piacquadio
Up your game a little so you won't be a dry texter. Try to make up your own jokes or pick-up lines, or create a funny nickname for both of you. Don't try too hard; just be yourself, and try to be fun.
7. Try a little bit of flirting.
via: Pexels / RODNAE Productions
Flirting is a good way to spice up a conversation. A flirty comment will turn it into a fun conversation because it will surely flatter her. It doesn't have to be sexual at all! You could say, 'I could not stop thinking about someone; I had to send her this message.' If you need more practice, learn how to flirt with a girl over text.
8. Ask and remember details about her.
via: Pexels / RODNAE Productions
When someone remembers small details about you, it makes you feel special. Pay attention to what they're sharing and revisit the topic when you get the chance. It shows that you are invested in the conversation with them.
9. Ask open-ended questions.
via: Pexels / Keira Burton
Asking open-ended questions furthers a conversation. They allow you to share ideas or experiences, which are required in a fun text conversation.
10. Share things about yourself.
via: Pexels / Monstera
Communication is a two-way street. Sharing a thing or two about you shows that you trust the person and are invested in the conversation. Telling her how your day went or as deep as your fave childhood memory will help establish a connection.
Share This Image On Your Site
5 Signs You Are a Dry Texter
via: Unsplash / Julio Lopez
There are tell-tale signs to determine if you are a dry texter. When someone feels withdrawn from your text conversation, is it your fault? If you always end up having a dry conversation, it is better to check if you are a dry texter.
Sign #1: They take too long to reply.
via: Pexels / Karl Solano
A good texter does not take too long to reply. If you are not available to text, you must inform the other person, so they don't wait for your reply. An interesting conversation requires the exchange of ideas in a timely manner. How can you get into the discussion if there's a big gap between each response?
Sign #2: Their replies are short.
via: Pexels / Pixabay
If your replies are too short and close-ended, you are a bad texter. Consistent short responses will not lead to further conversation, since you aren't sharing or elaborating on your ideas or opinion on the matter. Close-ended replies will lead to dry text conversation.
Sign #3: They send random, low-effort messages.
via: Pexels / Inna Lesyk
Sending one word text messages does not look very polite to the receiver of the text message. Whether you've known them for a while or getting to know them, a better texter always puts in at least a bit of effort. Also, don't try to send send a random text if you cannot add to the conversation. You'll just leave the other person hanging.
Sign #4: They don't try to start the conversation.
via: Pexels / Eren Li
A dry texter always waits for the other person to initiate the conversation. It's possible that they just don't know how not to be a dry texter with friends or how to initiate a conversation. But sometimes, your friends can get tired of being the initiator.
Sign #5: They don't seem to be enthusiastic about meeting up with you.
via: Pexels / Mikhail Nilov
Why would they think you'll be interesting in person if you don't seem interested in the text? I understand that not all of us can express our personalities through texting. But yes, someone can be judged by how they send text messages.
Conversation Starters Over Text that is Guaranteed to Get You a Reply Back
via: Pexels / Ron Lach
So you've met a girl and somehow managed to get a number. Now, you're staring at your phone, unsure about what to text her. Try to avoid this situation at all costs. You have to learn how to start a text conversation with a girl so she'll keep talking to you. These good text conversation starters will immensely help you get a reply from her.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- How do you relieve stress?
- What’s the best part of your day so far?
- What are your top 5 bucket list activities?
- What’s your favorite movie/book/song, and why?
- Tell me one of your favorite funny jokes.
- What’s the funniest word in the English language?
- What are you most passionate about?
- In your opinion, what are the best things and the worst thing about getting older?
- Hi! How has your day been so far?
- Have you watched any good movies or TV shows recently?
- I saw a cute dog on my walk today, do you have any pets?
- I'm trying to decide what to eat for dinner tonight, any recommendations?
- What's your favorite thing about the city/town you live in?
- Do you have any plans for the weekend?
- What's the best book you've read recently?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- What's something you've always wanted to try but haven't yet?
- What's your favorite type of cuisine?
- Do you have any favorite quotes or words of wisdom?
BONUS: Try playing games with her over text!
via: Pexels / Tima Miroshnichenko
What's more fun than playing games over text? It's casual, funny, and interesting all at the same time. Spice up your conversation with the bestgames to play over text.
Never Have I Ever
One texter will say, ‘never have I ever,’ followed by one crazy thing a normal person would never do. Then the other will answer either, ‘I have’, or ‘I never have.’ It's a good way to get to know someone without asking questions directly.
Would You Rather?
Give two options to choose from. It could be something silly or crazy! See which one she picks, and you can start your conversation there.
You're allowed to ask 20 questions about anything under the sun. Your text mate has to answer them honestly. Once done, then it's your turn. A great way to share information about yourselves!
Give clues to describe something you are looking at, at the moment. This game will keep her on her toes, trying to guess that thing. Also, maybe she wants to know what got your attention.
Name That Tune
This game will require the audio message option of your phone. Record yourself humming to a tune so the other can guess it. It will be more exciting if you keep score!
Frequently Asked Questions
via: Pexels / Mikhail Nilov
Avoid sending short messages, which makes you a bad texter. Make your text conversation more fun by incorporating a funny GIF or meme. Texting is fun, but it can still be a real conversation. We'll answer all the other questions you have in your mind.
Do girls like texting?
Yes, most girls like texting! It's casual and fun, and you can express your personality and feelings through it. Texting is a good communication tool if you are shy and don't want to do a phone call or video chat. With texting, you can send emojis, memes, and GIFs, making it more fun.
How can I ask her out over text?
Knowinghow to ask a girl out over textcan make or break the moment. You can begin by sending something nice and sweet, like, "Hello, gorgeous!". Compliment her, so it gets her attention and replies back. If you've been talking for a few days, you can ask her directly. But if you're not that confident, you can start the conversation with a personal anecdote. And when she's already engaged in the conversation, it's time to ask her out.
Is texting still a good way to get to know someone?
Yes, though nothing can compete with face-to-face conversation. Texting is still a cool and fun way to get to know someone. Texting is convenient, and you can do it anytime and anywhere. You can share experiences and ideas without the fear of rejection since you can't see their faces.
Can I make her fall in love with me over text?
There's a chance, yes. It depends on how good you are. If you can express yourself and your intentions sincerely, you can make someone fall in love with you over text. Texting is the same as any conversation, a great tool to get to know someone.
More Texting Guides and Tips
Check out these other interesting articles to help you become a better texter.
- Keep the conversation going by asking the rightquestions to ask a girl over text.
- Make her start her day with a smile on her face. Send thisgood morning text for her to brighten up her day.
- Ease your mind and determinehow to tell if a girl likes you over text.
If you receive a dry text from someone, there are a few ways to respond and keep the conversation going. You can try to ask open-ended questions to encourage them to share more information, add some humor or personal anecdotes to make the conversation more engaging, or use emojis or GIFs to convey emotions and tone.How do you make a dry texter fall in love? ›
- 1 Pinpoint the reason behind his dry texting.
- 2 Restart the conversation by bringing up his interests.
- 3 Use a playful question to fix a texting rut.
- 4 Mention a fun memory to remind him of your connection.
- 5 Send a photo to give you more to talk about.
- Reply as soon as you can. ...
- Avoid using one-word replies. ...
- Know the purpose of your reply. ...
- Make texting fun with GIFs and emojis. ...
- Make your crush smile with memes. ...
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. ...
- Show your sense of humor. ...
- Go ahead and flirt a little.
- Play Your Part in The Conversation. ...
- Avoid One-Word Responses. ...
- Respond Promptly. ...
- Don't be a Cliche. ...
- Keep it Fun. ...
- Know The Point of The Conversation. ...
- Add Some Detail. ...
- Add Some Memes and GIFs.
- Don't take too long to reply. ...
- Avoid one-word responses. ...
- Have a purpose. ...
- Use emojis/GIFs/memes. ...
- Ask interesting questions. ...
- Have a sense of humor. ...
- Read between the lines. ...
- Flirt a little.
- Texts that oversexualize things (particularly early on in the relationship).
- Texts that just says “Hi” or “Hey” ...
- A text asking on your first date. ...
- Texts that require a long response. ...
- Texts that are vague or confusing. ...
- A text with just your phone number. ...
- No text at all. ...
If you receive a dry text from someone, there are a few ways to respond and keep the conversation going. You can try to ask open-ended questions to encourage them to share more information, add some humor or personal anecdotes to make the conversation more engaging, or use emojis or GIFs to convey emotions and tone.What should I message my crush? ›
- Ask A Leading Question. Opening the conversation with a question can be a good strategy, but asking something they'll definitely know the answer to is even better. ...
- Jog Their Memory. ...
- Say Something Sweet. ...
- Bring Up A Shared Interest Or Experience. ...
- Send An Emoji. ...
- Be Genuinely Curious. ...
- Invite Them To Something Casually.
They're Bored Talking to You
As painful as this may seem, some people dry text when they get bored in a conversation. This doesn't necessarily mean you're a boring person, and it's important to avoid personalizing this behavior.
- “Hey beautiful. ...
- “I was just thinking about how wonderful you are. ...
- “God, your laugh is incredible.”
- “You're everything to me.”
- “I'm counting down the minutes until I get to see you.”
- “I'm so in love with you.”
Don't be boring! Be open, vulnerable, and honest. Answer questions and ask them back when you're done responding. Don't offer up one-word answers, which tend to end conversations in their tracks.How do I text my crush without being boring? ›
- Avoid one-word responses. ...
- Don't ask typical questions. ...
- Actually start an interesting conversation. ...
- Don't take forever to text back. ...
- Show your personality. ...
- Use emojis. ...
- Be the first to text sometimes. ...
- Text with a purpose.
The best way to make her miss you is to give her the time of her life. Take her to amazing dates, cook her delicious meals or even make her go crazy with your amazing sex skills. Sing to her or take her somewhere special that she didn't expect at all.What questions make a girl blush? ›
- What is the perfect date?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- What do you like about me?
- What superpower do you wish you had?
- Do you like to flirt with guys?
XX is a digital way of sending romantic or platonic kisses. It is an extension of the single X (that represents a kiss) that people may use in messages, emails, and online.What is too late to text a girl? ›
When is it okay to send a text or an email? "As a general rule, you shouldn't text somebody after 9 p.m. It may be seen as an intrusion of privacy, or they may feel you're inserting a sense of urgency that doesn't need to be there.Should I text a girl everyday? ›
There's no set number of texts a day you should send a girl interested in keeping her interested. Every connection is unique, and so are both of you. Some people text a lot, especially someone who has an abundance mentality, whereas others prefer FaceTime or talk on the phone.What are fun questions to ask a girl? ›
- Where did you grow up?
- Where is your happy place?
- What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
- What are three things that make you smile?
- What was the worst date you ever went on?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- Have you ever been in love?
She doesn't want a deep relationship. She cares about you enough to text you and be friends, but otherwise she's not interested. She thinks that you're hitting on her and she doesn't like it, but she doesn't want to be rude. if you initiated the texting, she may have only agreed so as to not hurt your feelings.What is cold texting? ›
Cold texting is reaching out via SMS to a contact without their prior consent or permission. It's similar to cold calling and cold emailing. Some examples that would lead to cold texting include: Purchasing a contact list from a third party. Finding customers' phone information online.
"Write Everything Twice" is yet another common definition for WET. WET. Definition: Write Everything Twice.Is not replying a red flag? ›
Not replying to your text right away doesn't mean your partner isn't interested or invested in the relationship. It's important to remember that people have lives as well as different communication styles, and can't always be glued to their phones.What is a sweet word to make her day? ›
Here are some of our favorite classic love sayings to use as part of your own love messages for her. "I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you." "Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will." "When I look into your eyes, I know I have found the mirror of my soul."How do I not be so boring? ›
- Make your goals spicy. Check what you're aiming for this month, this year and in life. ...
- Drop the cool act. ...
- Tell stories but know when to stop. ...
- Hide your phone from yourself. ...
- Initiate something. ...
- Take the muzzle off. ...
- Screw with your routines. ...
- Do (or try) interesting things.
- Use dig questions to be interested in others.
- Try 1-2 new things per month so you'll have interesting things to talk about.
- Be 10% higher energy than other people.
- Balance your conversations. ( aim for 50% listening/talking)
- Develop your strong opinions!
- Make Adjustments In Public.
- Touch Your Lips.
- Take Up Space.
- Hold Your Ground.
- Make Eye Contact.
- Strut Your Shoulders.
- Dress Sharp.
- Show Social Proof.
He is looking at your lips
If his gaze keeps slipping down to your lips while he's talking to you, it's a sign that he is admiring you, fantasising about you and might even want to start a stable, long-term relationship with you," says Madan.
You could text a quick goodnight if she's on your mind.
If you know she'd love a sweet nighttime message, it's probably fine to send a short text. You could text something like, "Night, babe," or, "Hope you had a great day. Talk tomorrow." Don't stress if she doesn't reply—she might already be asleep.
- "Hope you had a great day today. ...
- "Tell me about the best thing that happened to you today."
- "Want to hear about the funny thing that happened to me today?"
- "I'll be able to sleep better if I know I'm seeing you soon.
- Note Their flaws. It is easy to only see their good qualities when our heart is doing the thinking for us. ...
- Distract Yourself. ...
- Change the Scene. ...
- Start a New Hobby. ...
- Role Play. ...
- Have a Mantra. ...
- Spend Time with Friends and Family. ...
- 01/6Texts to be sent to someone who's ignoring you. ...
- 02/6“Are you alright? ...
- 03/6“I'm here for you whenever you want to talk” ...
- 04/6“I'm sad that we aren't talking right now” ...
- 05/6“So this happened today…” ...
- 06/6“I'm sorry and I respect your space”
“Dry texters may suffer from social anxiety and have a difficult time communicating their thoughts and feelings via written word,” says psychotherapist Anita Astley, LMFT, author of the forthcoming book Unf*ck Your Life and Relationships.Does dry texting mean anything? ›
As a phrase, “dry texting” is relatively recent in the grand scheme of things. It refers to people who reply with one word, or don't carry the conversation and just say things like “lmao” and “wyd” until the receiver wants to tear their hair out in frustration or boredom.Why is she ignoring my texts? ›
There are a variety of reasons why a girl could be ignoring your texts. If you flirt with a girl and they aren't interested, they may be ignoring texts on purpose and may not text back. They may also be busy at work, with their social life, with their family, or with something else.When should you stop texting a girl? ›
When Should You Stop Texting A Girl? If she asks you to stop texting her, definitely stop. Don't text her again if she explicitly asks you to stop. Additionally, if you reach out several times and she never replies, it's safe to say that you shouldn't keep texting her, particularly if this is a girl you just met.How do I make her less dry? ›
- Text her at the right times of the day. ...
- Text the same way you talk in person. ...
- Know when to end the conversation. ...
- Keep the conversation light. ...
- Take the hints she's not interested. ...
- Be flirtatious. ...
- Don't give one-worded answers. ...
- Don't flood her with messages.
If you or your dry texter are super family-oriented, asking about dinner with their mom or drinks with their sibling is likely to elicit somewhat of a substantial response. Throwing in a specific question they can't give a one-word answer is also a good idea.How long before saying I love you? ›
While men tended to consider confessions of love acceptable after about a month or so, women tended to say it was better to wait 2 to 3 months or so. Confessions of love generally inspired feelings of happiness, but men felt more positive about confessions that happened before the relationship became sexual.Is being too sensitive a red flag? ›
They want us to trust their feelings and perspective instead. In doing so, they don't have to look too closely at themselves. Ultimately, though, if you're wondering if or telling yourself that you're “too sensitive”, it's a code red alert that you're overstepping your boundaries. You need to listen to yourself.What are green flags in a guy? ›
“A green flag is when a potential partner is considerate and aware of your boundaries, asks for clarification on them when they are unclear, and does not push them,” she says. Let's say you ask to meet at a bar or the park on the first date and have expressed that you're more comfortable meeting in public places.
One of the best ways to respond to dry texting is to ask if the other person wants to talk in a different way. Maybe they're bored with texting, or your conversation has fallen into a predictable rut. If they seem eager to spend time together or talk on the phone, it probably just means they need a change of pace.